Help shape the next stage of the Footscray Learning Precinct
In November last year, the department presented a vision for a learning precinct for Melbourne’s inner-west. It was a vision to create and link state-of-the-art facilities across the region, providing innovative and world-leading education from early childhood through to university and adult education.
The vision includes:
- a greater choice of education for families in the inner west
- a seamless education from early learning to adult education
- encouraging more students to continue to post-secondary education by expanding links with local and other tertiary providers, including Victoria University
- helping young people prepare for work by aligning skills, knowledge and competencies with the future needs of industry
- expanding community use of facilities and services delivered at school through enhanced partnerships with Maribyrnong City Council, business, community organisations, Victoria University, and other education providers
- a shared learning framework – with an agreed set of learning principles across the precinct providing ‘pathways’ that maximise opportunities for every learner to achieve their potential
- a greater range and breadth of subjects across the campuses
- harnessing the rich and diverse resources of the local community.
What you have said:
The department received valuable feedback from the community and everyone have been doing a lot of work since then to incorporate the feedback and progress the precinct.
The department heard from you that there is support to deliver the vision outlined for the Footscray Learning Precinct. They also heard that increasing capacity for additional primary and secondary school students and delivering a STEM centre were your top priorities.
You also asked for more information on how the precinct would operate, in particular how students would move through all the stages of learning. You said that you would like greater community use of school facilities, and more services delivered within the school gate. You are interested in the proposed shared learning framework, governance and transition plans for the precinct.
Give your opinion again:
Now we want you to help shape the next stage of the precinct and get your input into the design of the school buildings, transition arrangements for students, community use of facilities and other aspects of the precinct including the shared learning framework.
We want to share the challenges of delivering the next stage of the precinct, bringing you into the process as we develop solutions.
Please visit our online engagement platform to help shape the next stage:
Attend the community workshop: