Students at Gilmore Girls College enjoy spacious and attractive grounds on a self contained site. These provide a secure and a very pleasant environment for learning, study, sport and recreation.
Gilmore College has excellent facilities:
- The Leading Schools’ new building, designed to meet the requirements of the College’s Learning Communities Program at Years 7 and 8, opened at the start of the school year in 2008. This project was financed by the Victorian Department of Education’s Leading Schools’ Fund. This building is equipped with state of the art computer technology and new furniture and equipment throughout.
- We have a 1 to 1 computer ratio for students. Students have the option of being on a day program where they collect their laptop in the morning and have use of it throughout the day, or they may choose to have access to the laptop at home also. The College ICT Plan covers a rotational upgrade of computer facilities every three years.
- An excellent College computer network provides Internet access and Intranet access from all standard classrooms, including wireless access for laptops anywhere in the College.
- A purpose-built, VCE Centre and VCE Computer POD for work and study.
- A very well resourced library with multiple, new computer workstations.
- A versatile performing arts/drama theatre with professional technology.
- Music instrumental practice rooms and a wide collection of musical instruments for class and individual student programs.
- A new, networked Science/Technology wing.
- A full sized, fully-equipped gymnasium.
- A well equipped Weight and Fitness Training Centre.
- Outdoor sports areas – basketball, tennis courts and small oval.
- A Student Services Centre for easy access to all specialist staff.
- Organic Horticultural Centre with high fenced nursery including shelter sheds and potting and tool sheds. Practical work covers water conservation and use.
- Water wise garden and outdoors teaching area.
- Attractive gardens and student seating areas throughout the College grounds.
- College canteen.
- On site school uniform shop.
- College Bus.
- Multimedia Drama Centre to produce drama and television studio presentations